Monday, July 21, 2008

Things NOT to say or do to a pregnant lady

In no particular order....

- You don't look pregnant!
(this does not make said pregnant lady feel good...not even a little bit.)

- You're pregnant?!?!
(no dumba$$, I'm just faking it)

- Do not, and I repeat do NOT touch the belly.
(If you know said pregnant lady well, and you know she won't care, that's fine, maybe, but still ask first.)

-You're huge (or big, or ginormous, etc)!!!!
(This is not a compliment and does not make her feel good. Along the lines of "You don't look pregnant")

**Addition: Do not give her a funny look when she orders a large chocolate shake from McDonalds...yes, it is for her, and yes, she is going to drink it all.

-Don't stare at the belly! Have you never seen a pregnant lady before?!

* Will update list as they happen, and please, if you have committed any of the above offences (as I know I have), don't feel bad, just don't do it again. ;-)

1 comment:

Valley G said...

Do NOT touch the belly!!!